Saturday 10 July 2010

Amazing what a week in bed can do??





I have had a stinking cold all week , unable to lift my head from the pillow. Yet strangely unable to sleep. In a virus addled state I searched through my bookcase looking for some inspiration. I came across a book of poetry with the pages loose, nice paper , flocked at the edge and mottled in places with brown age spots. I have many poetry books , you can never have enough so I took this and another 18th century poetry book down to my bed to read.

Nice wide pages , it always annoys me when beautiful poetry has no accompanying illustrations , and as this book was really in no fit state to keep I decided to draw on some of the loose pages. Not randomly but inspired specifically by the words. And then I decided I would make this my project of the year..... every day I would pick a poem and illustrate it, without losing the words. The book is the "Best Loved Poems of the American People" I picked it up in a second hand book shop many years ago. Many lovely poems and so much inspiration.

Each week I will pick out some poems , illustrate them and post them on here, with full words and details. each illustration will be found in my Etsy shop - ClockTowerArtwork.etsy.com.

I have been working away at some ...... will upload through out the week.

No comments: