Wednesday 10 September 2008

Artist reborn?


Well after 15 years as an artist working hard to hone my skills .... I have finally decided to come out the closet..... as an abstract expressionist artist! Is this a ploy to pass off badly painted works of art because I can't be bothered painting properly?? What is abstract expressionism?
This question is very pertinent, for me it is the expression of art through paint, a journey for me as well as the viewer. I don't plan these paintings they some how take on a life of their own. For years now these paintings have been my guilty little secret until listed on ebay then sold never to be repeated.
At a time when many people replicate each other's online art, (as it seems to be popular and of course makes money !) it is difficult to find unique art. At least with these paintings , I know they cannot be reproduced since I am not sure how they came about...... I would be amazed if others can copy them exactly, would they miss the subtle nuances?

No comments: